High quality programming that promotes school readiness was the cornerstone of the Cruise into Kindergarten initiative and is still a priority today!
This article in Phi Delta Kappan centers on excellence in library programming with regards to promoting parent engagement with their children’s learning.
Explore this section for programming examples and resources related to the areas listed below. Here you will find:
Our goals for this section include programming examples and resources for:
- Play K & Kindergarten Transition – the complete Play K curriculum and handouts in a downloadable format
- Storytimes – a variety of storytime programs developed by Cruise into Kindergarten steering committee members, as well as a downloadable planning template
- ECRR2 Parent & Caregiver Programs – downloadable PowerPoint presentations for a variety of parent caregiver programs, complete with speaker notes and handouts
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten – resources from the 1000 Books Foundation along with examples of 1000 Books Before Kindergarten programs in several Pennsylvania Libraries
- STEM & STEAM – links to online resources, articles and downloadable handouts related to Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) & Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math (STEAM) programming
- Music and Movement – blog posts with many resources related to incorporating music and movement into your storytimes
- Children with Special Needs, Sensory Storytimes – blog posts, articles including a “how to get started with sensory storytimes” piece, video clips and a curated Pinterest board of ideas